Homemade Natural Cough Syrup
From the article “Old World Cures for Winter Ailments” by Linda Gabris
|mixed fresh or dried herbs||3 cups fresh or 1/2 cup dried|
|creamed clover honey||1 cup|
- Add 3 cups fresh mixed herbs or 1/2 cup dried herbs into 2 cups of water. Herbs to choose from are
- borage and
You can also add the following to the herb measure: dried plantain leaf, chamomile flowers, dried raspberry leaves, ground wild ginger rhizomes or fresh grated or dried commercial ginger root
- Bring mixture to a boil, simmer about 20 minutes or until reduced to half.
- Remove from heat, cover and steep until cold.
- Strain liquid into clean pan.
- Put back on stove and add 1 cup of creamed clover honey.
- Heat until blended. Cool. Pour into sterilized bottle and cap.
- Take 1 tsp as needed. Store the cough syrup in a cool place and it will save indefinitely.
– See more at: http://vitalitymagazine.com/article/old-world-cures-for-winter-ailments/#sthash.CKncRObx.dpuf
Oil Blend for Hair
• atlas cedarwood essential oil – 2 drops
• thyme essential oil – 2 drops
• rosemary essential oil – 3 drops
• lavender essential oil – 3 drops
• jojoba carrier oil – ½ tsp
• grapeseed carrier oil – 4 tsp
- Roman chamomile
Lavender and rosemary are always considered hair growth essential oils. A 1998 Archives of Dermatology study found that rosemary essential oil can stimulate hair growth.